Making a Flower Girl Basket
Making a flower girl basket is simple, easy, and economical.
flower girl basket will add charm and originality to your wedding.
Do It Yourself Flower Girl Baskets
Below are the instructions to make a flower girl basket.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED WHEN MAKING A FLOWER GIRL BASKET
The materials you will need are:
- Small wicker basket 5 inches high and 9 inches wide. This can be purchased at any hobby store. You can choose a size appropriate for your flower girl. However, the directions are given for the above size. So, you will need to adjust accordingly.
- White spray paint.
- 1 1/2 inch wide wired ribbon (Choose a color that coordinates with your wedding colors.)
- Fabric (You can choose a color to coordinate with your wedding or white satin is always a good choice.)
- Three stems of silk flowers (Choose a flower to coordinate with your wedding and flowers that will be easy to glue onto your basket.)
- Hot glue gun and melt sticks.
- Wire cutter
Putting It All Together
- Spray paint the wicker basket with the white paint. Be sure to cover the handle and the inside of the basket with the paint.
- Fold a piece of 9 1/2 inch x 24 inch fabric in half lengthwise. Hot glue the fabric to the wicker basket, keeping the folded edge at the bottom of the basket. Where the ends of the fabric overlap, fold the raw edge of the fabric under to create a seam. Glue the fabric down.
- Cut a slit in the fabric at the base of the handle. Fold the cut edges under and glue them to the basket on either side of the handles.
- Glue the 1 1/2 inch wide wired ribbon to the top of the wicker basket by folding it in half. Half of the ribbon should be glued on the outside of the basket concealing the raw fabric edge and the other half should be glued to the inside of the basket.
- Cut the silk flowers off their stems with wire cutters and hot glue them along the border of the basket.
- To finish you can wrap a coordinating ribbon around the handle of the basket. Tie two bows with the same ribbon and glue them to the end of the handles.
- Before filling the flower girl basket with petals, you can place a lace handkerchief inside the basket.
MORE UNIQUE IDEAS
A few unique ideas for your flower girl basket:
- For a cute summer wedding idea, you can also just paint the wicker basket white and glue flowers, such as daisies, around the edge of the flower girl basket.
- For a unique table centerpiece idea, you can make several baskets and fill them with wedding favors.
You Are Here: » Younique Wedding Ideas Home » Wedding Crafts » Making A Flower Girl Basket