Maid of Honor Duties
Tradition dictates a long list of maid of honor duties.
number one duty for the maid of honor is to just be there for emotional
support for the bride.
Pre-wedding Day Duties for the Maid of Honor
Before the wedding day, the maid of honor is responsible for:
- Help the bride shop for her wedding dress.
- Help the bride in choosing the bridesmaid's dresses.
- Help with addressing invitations.
- Help with the decorations.
- Pay for her own wedding attire.
- Help delegate responsibilities among the bridesmaids.
- Host a bridal shower with the help of the bridesmaids.
- Buy a gift for the bride and groom.
- Record which gifts came from which guest at bridal showers.
- Host a couples shower for the bride and groom with the help of the best man.
- Host a bachelorette party with the help of the bridesmaids.
- Help to make sure that all bridesmaids have ordered their dresses and accessories.
- Let the bridesmaids know about all parties, functions, and rehearsals.
- Attend all pre-wedding events.
- Attend the rehearsal dinner.
Wedding Day Duties
On the day of the wedding, the maid of honor will:
- Be on time the morning of the wedding for the hair and makeup trip to the salon.
- Arrive early to help the bride finish getting ready and to run any last minute errands.
- Make sure the bride has packed everything she will need on the honeymoon.
- Be on time for any pre-wedding photos.
- Oversee the bridesmaids on the wedding day.
- Get the bride anything she needs before going down the aisle.
- Precede the bride down the aisle.
- Straighten the bride's train at the alter.
- Keep the groom's ring until the appropriate time in the ceremony. Exchange the ring for the bride's bouquet.
Maid of Honor Duties During the Reception:
During the reception, the maid of honor should:
- Give a great toast to the bride and groom at the reception.
- Make sure the bride gets something to eat and drink at the reception.
- Start the dancing at the reception.
- Dance with the best man and groomsmen at the reception.
- Mingle and dance with other guests at the reception.
- Work at helping to get the party going at the reception.
- Run interference for the bride. For example, keep any exes or feuding relatives away from the happy couple.
- Look for and help to make special moments for the bride.
- Help to decorate the getaway car.
- Help to carry the wedding gifts out to the car.
- Make sure that everyone is thanked. This includes the parents, musicians, and site staff.
After the Wedding Day
A few special acts that the maid of honor can do for the bride and groom:
You Are Here: » Younique Wedding Ideas Home » The Bridal Party » The Maid Of Honor Duties