Italian Wedding Toasts
An Italian wedding reception is a joyous and boisterous celebration.
Anytime there is a lull in the celebrations,
someone will shout out an Italian wedding toast to get the
festivities going again.
Italians love their traditions and toasting the newlyweds during a wedding reception is one tradition that is enjoyed by all.
Before the reception dinner even begins, the best man
will serve sweet liquor and other strong drinks to the guests.
allows the guests a chance to begin toasting the newly married couple.
During the reception, each member of the wedding party and all guests may give a toast to honor the newlyweds. Each toast is then followed by loud applauds and cheers.
Toasts and Blessings
Below are a few of the more popular Italian toasts and blessings.
- Viva L'amor! - The English translation is "Long live love!"
- L'amore e per sempre or L'amore e eterna - The English translation is "Love is Forever!"
- Amore e gelosia nacquero insieme - The English translation is "Without jealousy there is no love."
- Per cent'anni! - The English translation is "For one hundred
years!" This Italian wedding blessing is often shouted by the guests to
salute the happy couple prior to the reception dinner.
- Evviva Gli Sposi - The English translation is "Long live the
newlyweds!" or "Hurray to the newlyweds!". This Italian toast is often
shouted out whenever there may be a lull in the festivities.
- Un Bacio Per La Sposa - The English translation is "Kiss for the
bride". When this Italian toast is shouted, the bride and groom must
stand and show their affections for each other in front of all the
- Auguri e figli maschi! - The English translation is "Congratulations and may you have male children!"
- Aguri! - The English translation is "Best Wishes!"
- Alla tua salute! - The English translation is "To your health!"
Poems and Readings
Spice a dish with love and it pleases every palate.
Hopefully, you will be able to use one of these toasts at the next Italian wedding that you attend.
You Are Here: » Younique Wedding Ideas Home » Free Wedding Toast » Italian Wedding Toasts