Irish Wedding Toasts
Irish wedding toasts are very popular at today's wedding receptions.
The humor and charm in these toasts is so appealing and thoughtful.
A toast is usually brief. It can be serious, personal or funny. Choose the style that fits you best.
Most of these examples can be used at the beginning of your toast, at the end of your toast or they can stand alone as the only words you say.
IRISH BLESSINGS AND SAYINGS
Below are a few Irish toasts and blessings to help you find just the right words when giving good wishes to your newly married friends.
- May you have many children,
And may they grow as mature in taste,
And healthy in color,
And as sought after
As the contents of this glass.
- May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow,
And may any trouble avoid you wherever you go.
- Here's to health, peace and prosperity;
May the flower of love never be nipped by the frost of disappointment.
- May your fire never go out.
May your well never run dry.
- Bless you and yours as well as the cottage you live in. May the roof overhead be well-thatched, and those inside well matched.
- Let us drink to love, which is nothing, unless it is divided by two.
- May you look back on the past with as much pleasure as you look forward to your future.
- For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way:
Good health, good luck and happiness for today and everyday.
- May you never lie, steal, cheat or drink.
But if you must lie, lie in each other's arms.
If you must steal, steal kisses.
If you must cheat, cheat death.
And if you must drink, drink with us, your friends.
- May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
Slow to make enemies,
Quick to make friends,
But rich or poor, quick or slow,
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.
- Like the warmth of the sun,
And the light of the day,
May the luck of the Irish
Shine bright on your way.
- May your troubles be less,
And your blessings be more,
And nothing but happiness come through your door.
- May there be a generation of children on the children of your children.
- May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm on your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
- Long live the Irish!
Long live their cheer!
Long live our friendship, year after year.
- May your neighbors respect you,
Trouble neglect you,
Angels protect you,
And heaven accept you.
- "SLAINTE" - prounced SLAWN-cha
IRISH WEDDING TOASTS FROM THE BRIDE AND GROOM
Here are a few toasts that the bride or groom can make to each other.
- Don't walk in front of me,
I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me,
I may not lead.
Walk beside me,
And just be my friend.
- Here is to loving, to romance, to us
May we travel together through time.
We alone count as none, but together we're one,
For our partnership puts love to rhyme.
This is a popular toast that everyone gets to participate in.
The Bride and Groom:
Friends and relatives, so fond and dear.
'Tis our great pleasure to have you here.
When many years this day has passed,
Fondest memories will always last.
So we drink a cup of Irish mead,
And ask God's blessing in your hour of need.
Family and Wedding Guests Respond With:
Place these words by each place sitting, so each guest can respond.
On this, your special day,
We wish to you the goodness of the old,
The best of the new.
God bless you both who drink this mead,
May it always fill your every need.
Return to the top of Irish Wedding Toasts.
You Are Here: » Younique Wedding Ideas Home » Free Wedding Toasts » Irish Wedding Toasts