Humorous Wedding Toasts
Giving humorous wedding toasts is a great way to liven up a reception.
So, if you are a person that does not think you can give a sentimental or
emotional wedding speech in front of a group of people, then you should
consider giving a funny toast.
The easiest and favorite funny toasts are just humorous anecdotes.
An anecdote not only personalizes your toast but is easy to
Just recall a funny story about the bride or groom.
However, try not to offend anyone and always end your toast on a serious
Also, you can tell a joke at the beginning of your
This can be a joke about the bride or groom's profession, the
college they attended, a hobby they enjoy, or how they met.
Here are some examples of one-liners that can be used.
these will give you some ideas to help get you started in writing your
own humorous wedding toast. (Many of these one-liners are from the
"Complete Book of Wedding Toasts", by Diane Warner.)
- Any married man can have his own way as long as he agrees with his wife.
- A happy marriage is a matter of give and take; the husband gives and the wife takes.
- Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
doesn't really take that much to get married these days: two loving
people, a commitment, a handsome groom, a beautiful bride, a bag of
rice...and about $25,000.
- Love: a temporary insanity curable by marriage.
- Here's a piece of cowboy advice: There are two ways to argue with a woman. Neither one works.
- A married man is one who replaces the money in his wallet with a photo of his wife.
is a husband? A husband is that mysterious creature who buys his
football tickets in June and his wife's Christmas present on December
- What is a marriage? It is an alliance of two people, one who never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them.
- (Bride's name), please place your hand on the table in front of you. Now (Groom's name), put your hand on top of (Bride's name). I want everybody in the room to see the last time (Groom's name) has the upper hand!
Honor The Bride And Groom
If you are planning on giving a humorous toast, remember that you
not only want to make the guests laugh but also to honor the bride and
This is a very special and memorable day for them.
You Are Here: » Younique Wedding Ideas Home » Free Wedding Toast » Humorous Wedding Toasts