Homemade Bridal Shower Favors
Homemade bridal shower favors are meaningful and memorable and always a big hit with the guests.
HOMEMADE BRIDAL SHOWER FAVORS TO EAT
Everyone loves food!
So, make your favors very special by baking something like homemade
cookies or fudge.
You can wrap your
baked favors in gold foil or colored plastic wrap.
If you don't have time to bake something then use bite-size fruit, like
cherries, grapes or dried fruit, and place in decorative boxes or
Other Bite-size food ideas
- Salted nuts
- Jordan almonds
- Hershey's kisses
- Custom M&M's
- Flavored jelly beans
- Chocolate-covered pretzels
Food Container Ideas
Try to choose a container that will go with the theme of your shower to put your favors in.
Some ideas are:
- Chinese takeout containers
- Tiny paper sacks
- Shot glasses
- Plastic martini glasses or champagne glasses
- Tiny straw baskets
a ribbon around each gift and attach a computer generated 'Thank You' card to each
favor. Include the names of the bride and groom and the wedding date on
Other Unique Food Ideas For Bridal Shower Favors
- If you are having a
bridal tea shower
, purchase latte cups and fill each cup with tea samples and accessories.
Choose either favorite teas or order something special from an online
- Give your guests a small potted herb plant with a special recipe for one of the dishes that was served at the shower.
- For a shower that is held near the Christmas holidays, make special holiday breads or Christmas cookies for your homemade bridal shower favors.
- For a
western themed shower
, fill small bottles with your favorite barbecue sauce. Then make
computer generated labels that have a picture of the bride and groom
scanned on them. Include their names and the wedding date on the labels.
- Or make a batch of 'Texas Trash' for your western themed bridal shower. Place the snack in decorative western tins.
Recipe for 'Texas Trash'
- 3 Cups Wheat Chex
- 3 Cups Rice Chex
- 4 Cups Cheerio's
- 2 Cups Pretzel Sticks
- 4 Ounces of Shoestring Potatoes
- 1 Cup of Salted Nuts
1/2 Pound Butter
1/2 Cup Salad Oil
1 Teaspoon Tabasco
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 Teaspoon Onion Salt
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
Pour the melted ingredients over the cereal mixture and mix well.
Pour into a baking dish.
Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours. Stir frequently.
USEFUL HOMEMADE BRIDAL SHOWER FAVORS
Other ideas besides food are inexpensive gifts that your guests will use after they take them home.
If the bridal shower is around the Christmas holidays, buy glass balls in the wedding colors.
- If you are having an outside wedding shower, purchase 12 straw hand fans
for around $10. Personalize each fan with the names of the bride and
groom and the wedding date or attach a tag on the handle with this
With a paint marker print a sentiment, such as, Love and Cherish, on one side of the ball and the name of the bride and groom with the date on the other side.
Tie a sheer ribbon hanger to the top of the ball.
- Using a CD burner, create a CD with the brides favorite love songs or a CD with the #1 hit songs for each year of her life.
- For a garden theme shower, glue a personalized ribbon to a packet of
flower seeds. Add a computer printed note with the couples name and
- For a
western themed bridal shower
, plant a cactus plant in a 2-inch clay flowerpot. Tie a ribbon around
the neck of the pot. Attach a computerized card with the couples names
and date to the ribbon.
Homemade Favors Are Thoughtful
Whatever homemade bridal shower favors you make, everyone, especially
the bride, will appreciate your thoughtfulness and creativity. And you
will have created a very special memory for everyone.
You Are Here: » Younique Wedding Ideas Home » Unique Bridal Shower Ideas » Homemade Bridal Shower Favors