A Bridesmaid Duties
While the bridesmaid duties may not be as demanding as the maid of honor, you still has a very important role.
Being a bridesmaid is a thank-you for being such a special and important person in the bride's life.
You were chosen to be a bridesmaid because the bride trusts you and knows that you are dependable.
She also knows that you will help make her wedding fun and memorable.
there are three or more bridesmaids, the bride or maid of honor should
delegate different duties to each member of the bridal party
to help the celebration run smoothly.
Your Most Important Duty
The most important duty you have is to work hard at getting along with the other members of the bridal party. You are all needed to help make this a very special time for your very special friends - the bride and groom!
Other duties may include:
Prewedding Day Duties
Before the wedding day, many bridesmaids will help the bride with such tasks as:
- You may be asked to help choose the bridesmaid dress.
- You will pay for your own dress and accessories.
- Pay for any travel and accommodation expenses during the celebration.
- Help with addressing invitations and offer to run any errands.
- Help with making decorations and favors for the wedding.
- Help the maid of honor host a bridal shower.
- During bridal showers help make a list of wedding presents and who gave what.
- Purchase a wedding gift for the bride. You can go in with the other bridesmaids and purchase one "great" gift.
- Help the maid of honor host a bachelorette party.
- Attend all prewedding parties and the rehearsal dinner.
Wedding Day Duties
On the day of the wedding many bridesmaids may be asked to:
- Be on time for the hair and makeup trip to the salon.
- Arrive early to help the bride finish getting ready and to run any last minute errands.
- Be on time for any prewedding photos.
- Precede the bride down the aisle.
- Dance with the groomsmen at the reception.
- Mingle and dance with other guests at the reception.
- Work at helping to get the party going at the reception.
- Run interference for the bride. For example, keep any exes or feuding relatives away from the happy couple.
- Give a great toast!
- Look for and help to make special moments for the bride.
- Help to decorate the getaway car.
- Help to carry the wedding gifts out to the car.
- Make sure that everyone is thanked. This includes the parents, musicians, and site staff.
After the Wedding Duties
After the wedding a bridesmaid should:
- Check with the bride and groom and see if they need anyone to house-set, get mail, water plants or take care of pets while they are away.
- If there were throwaway cameras at the reception, get the pictures developed before the couple returns from their honeymoon.
- Plan a welcome home dinner for the couple.
Information and Ideas for Bridesmaids dresses.
You Are Here:
» Younique Wedding Ideas Home
» The Bridal Party
» Bridesmaid Duties