Best Man Duties
The best man duties include more than just planning and attending the bachelor
Actually, the best man has one of the most important roles in a
wedding - he is the groom's right-hand man!
Your best man will serve as your personal aide throughout the planning of the wedding. This is why you will want to choose someone who is reliable.
Usually, the best man is the groom's best male friend, brother or dad. However, you can choose a female friend, who will be known as the best maid.
Some Of The Best Man Duties Include:
- Coordinate a couples shower with the maid of honor.
- Plan and pay for the bachelor party with the help of the groomsmen.
- Rent or buy a tux.
- Make sure the groomsmen and ushers get their tux on time.
- Attend all prewedding parties and events.
- Attend the rehearsal dinner.
- Help the groom dress for the wedding day.
- Make sure the groom gets to the church on time.
- Be on time for all prewedding photos.
- Keep the bride's wedding ring until the ring exchange.
- Escort the maid-of-honor down the aisle.
- Signs the marriage license as an official witness.
- Deliver the officiant's fee before or after the ceremony.
- Make sure all guests have transportation to the reception.
- Make the first toast to the bride and groom.
- Dance with the bride, maid of honor and other bridesmaids.
- Arrange transportation for the bride and groom to their hotel or to the airport.
- Help to decorate the getaway vehicle.
- Make sure luggage is in getaway vehicle.
- Help the maid of honor bring gifts to the bride and groom's house.
- Return the groom's tux to the rental shop on time. Often, he will collect all the tented tuxedos for return to the rental shop.
most importantly, he should just be there for his friend!
This is an exciting,
happy, and memorable occasion that you get to share with someone who is very important to you.
You Are Here:
» Bridal Party
» The Duties Of The Best Man